Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1850 in East Coventry Twp., Chester, PA. 4 The 1850 census recorded John R. Heister, miller, 34, living with wife Mary A., 27; Caroline, 6; Samuel P., 4; Mary A., 2; Margaret, 0. Also in the home: Samuel Heister, 63; Isaac Rhoads, 24; Rudolph Srager, 19; Lydia Larken, 21; and John Reese, 10. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
2. She appeared on the census in 1870 in Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 1 William Beecher, retail dry goods merchant, 30, was living with wife Carrie, 25 and John S. Beecher, 18, clerk in store. Also Henry Arms, 19, clerk in store, and Charlotte Jones, 23, domestic servant. William's real estate was worth $7,000 and personal estate $5,000. William and Carrie were born in Pennsylvania, but John in Missouri. The census lists that William and Carrie were married in Sep 1849. The post office was Pottstown.
3. She appeared on the census in 1880 in Pottsgrove Twp., Montgomery, PA. 11 William C. Bucher, dry goods merchant, 40, was living with John H., 9; daughter Marchin, 6; Grace, 3; Mary 1 month old, and Jacob F. Beicher, laborer, 40. William's wife, Caroline H., 37, is shown living in the next househould, but a hand-drawn bracket indicates this is a mistake and she is indeed part of family, although indexed online in a different home. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
4. She appeared on the census in 1900 in Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 2 William C. Beecher, 60, born Oct 1839, was married for 30 years to Caroline H., 55, born Nov 1844. She had birthed 4 children by 1900, all alive: John H., 29, Sep 1870; Margaret J., 27, Apr 1873; Grace, 23, Aug 1876; and Carrie M., 20, May 1880. William was born in Missouri, his wife and all his children in Pennsylvania. His occupation was "salesman dry goods", and son John was a real estate agent. William owned his home at 643 High St.
5. 317 N. 33Rd Street in 1908 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 12 The history of this home is documented online at the Powelton Village website at http://poweltonvillage.org/interactivemap/files/317n33rd.htm
6. She appeared on the census in 1910 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 10 The 1910 census recorded Carolina H.Beecher, widowed, 65, living with daughters: Margarett, 34; Grace, 32; May, 28; and servant Jacob F. Pirches, 55. Carolina and her parents and her daughters were born in Pennsylvania. Her deceased husband was born in Missouri.
7. She resided at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, City Directory, 1911 in 1911 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 13 BEECHER:
8. She appeared on the census in 1920 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 14 The 1920 census recorded Caroline Beeecher, 75, living with daughters Margaret, 45; May, 40, Grace Epler, 42, and her husband Charles Epler, 42.
9. She resided at Wildwood City Directory: Beecher, Caroline H. (Wid Wm. C) r 210 E 23d av N Wildwood in 1924 in North Wildwood, Cape May, NJ. 15 R.L. Polk's 1924 Widlwood Directory listed:
10. Cause of Death: cerebral hemorrhage, arterial sclerosis., 5 Dec 1936, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 6
11. She resided at Caroline died at home at 317 N. 33Rd Street, Philadelphia, Pa. On 5 Dec 1936 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 6
12. Newspaper: Pottstown Mercury: obituary of Caroline Hiester Beecher, 7 Dec 1936, Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 3 Fallen Asleep
13. Newspaper: Pottstown Mercury: funeral of Caroline Beecher, 9 Dec 1936, Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 8 Funeral services for Mrs. Caroline H. Beecher, widow of William C. Beecher, former Pottstown merchant, who died in her home in Philadelphia, were held privately at the graveside in Edgewood cemetery yesterday morning at 11:30 o'clock. The service was in charge of the Rev. Arthur H. Simpson, pastor of First Presbyterian church. Funeral directors H. R. Houck and Son had charge.
14. Newspaper: Pottstown Mercury: Hospital's Benefactor Born Near Here, Was Beecher Family Kin, 25 Nov 1950, Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 16 Samuel Hiester, who left $10,000 to Pottstown hospital, was born in the Pottstown area and was related to one of the borough's best known businessmen of the late 19th century, older residents of the borough recalled yesterday.
Caroline married William C. Beecher, son of Samuel Beecher and Margaret Jane Smith, in Sep 1869 in Pottstown, Montgomery, PA.1 (William C. Beecher was born on 2 Oct 1839 in Washington, Franklin, MO,1 17 18 19 died on 29 Dec 1909 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 17 18 19 and was buried on 1 Jan 1910 in Pottstown: Edgewood Cemetery, Montgomery, PA 17 18 19.)
1 1870 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Montgomery County, Pottstown, Series: M593 Roll: 1378 Page: 293.
2 1900 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Montgomery County, Pottstown Ward 7, Series: T623 Roll: 1445 Page: 103.
3 Pottstown Mercury (Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania), 7 Dec 1936, page 11. Obituary of Charoline Hiester Beecher.
4 1850 United States Census, Year: 1850; Census Place: East Coventry, Chester, Pennsylvania; Roll: M432_765; Page: 157B; Image: 320.
5 Find A Grave, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=116752989.
6 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1963. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 107594. Caroline H. Beecher. Father John R. Hiester. Mother Mary A. Hittell.
7 Pennsylvania Department of Health, Pennsylvania, Death Indices (Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records, New Castle, PA, 16103. Online at http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/public_records/20686 .), 1936, Caroline H. Beecher, death certificate 107594, died 5 Dec 1936 Philadelphia.
8 Pottstown Mercury (Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania), 9 Dec 1936, page 6.
9 James, Isabella; Potts, Thomas, Memorial of Thomas Potts, junior, who settled in Pennsylvania (Cambridge Mass., University Press, 1874. Online free on Google Books http://books.google.com/books?id=UScAAAAAQAAJ), Page 350.
10 1910 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MGWJ-HBN Carolina H Beecher, 1910.
11 1880 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Montgomery County, Pottsgrove Township, Family History Library Film 1255158, NA Film Number T9-1158, Page Number 5B.
12 Powellton Village (http://poweltonvillage.org/interactivemap/files/317n33rd.htm).
13 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, Boyd's Philadelphia City Directory, 1911, Printed page 184, Online Image 99.
14 1920 United States Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 24, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1627; Page: 11B; Enumeration District: 682; Image: 27.
15 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, R. L. Polk's Wildwood City Directory, 1924, printed page 130, online image 71.
16 Pottstown Mercury (Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania), 25 Nov 1950, page 1.
17 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915 (From originals housed at the Philadelphia City Archives. "Death Records."), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JK74-W8Q William C Beecher, 1909.
18 Find A Grave, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=116752960.
19 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1963. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 417301. William C. Beecher, father Samuel Beecher, mother Margaret Smith.