|Noah M. Beecher
Other names for Noah were Noah Beicher and Noah Bucher.13
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1850 in Manheim Twp., York, PA. 3 In the 1850 Census on the same page in Manheim Township are two families whose children later marry: Elias Beecher married Ann Mary Snyder, and William Lewis Snyder married Mary Elizabeth Beecher.
2. He appeared on the census in 1860 in Manchester District, Carroll, MD. 15 Levi Bercher [indexed in this census as Bercher or Bucher], 47, horse doctor, was living with Eve, 49; Noah, 14; Mary, 10; and William, 4. Everyone was born in Maryland except Levi in Pennsylvania. His real estate was worth $1500 and personal estate $200. The post office was Manchester Town.
3. Tax List: 1865, Manchester, Carroll, MD. 16
4. He appeared on the census in 1880 in Palmyra, Knox, OH. 17 The 1880 census recorded Noah Beecher, laborer, 34, living with wife Sarah, 33; Mary, 12; William, 6; Warden, 4; Susan, 3; and Geo. W., 11 months. Noah and his parents were born in Maryland. Mary, Sarah and Sarah's parents were born in Pennsylvania. All children were born in Ohio.
5. He appeared on the census in 1900 in Franklin Twp., Morrow, OH. 13 Noah Bucher [indexed as Bucher but the handwriting could be two e's instead of a u and therefore Beecher] was a farm laborer, age 53, born Jun 1846, living with wife Sarah S., 50, Mar 1850. They were married 26 years and had 10 children, all living in 1900. With them now: William H., 29, Apr 1871; Susan, 23, Oct 1876; Ward, 27, Mar 1873; George, 22, Sept 1877; Bertha, 20, Mar 1880; May, 16, Sep 1883; Charles, 12, Oct 1887; and William, grandson, 4, Feb 1896. All the children were born in Ohio, and the parents and their parents in Pennsylvania.
6. Frederick and Noah obtained a marriage license on 11 Sep 1909 in , Morrow, OH. 1 groom's name:
7. He appeared on the census in 1910 in Franklin Twp., Morrow, OH. 18 The census recorded that Noah M. Beecher, vetinary dentist, 63, was married to his second wife, Emily J., 28, her first marriage. She had given birth to one child, apparently not living with them. Also in the home: Leona M. Beecher, 24, presumed by her age to be a daughter by Noah's first marriage; and Noah's brother, farm laborer Elias, 68. Noah was renting the home. Noah and Elias and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. Emily was born in Maryland, her father "German" and her mother "English."
8. He appeared on the census in 1920 in Franklin Twp., Morrow, OH. 19 N. N. Beacher, farmer, 74, was living with wife Emily J., 48; and Leona M., daughter, 36. He and his parents were born in Pennsylvania. Emily was born in Maryland, her father in Germany, and mother in England. Leona's father was from Pennsylvania and mother from Maryland.
9. Residence: on 12 May 1927 in Mount Gilead, Morrow, OH. His brother William's obituary mentions Noah was living in 1972 in Mt. Gilead.
10. Cause of Death: Noah died at the County Home from senility and intestinal influenza, 9 Oct 1938, Bangs, Knox, OH. 11
11. Death Certificate: 9 Oct 1938, Liberty Twp., Knox County, OH. 4 name:
Noah married Sarah Elizabeth Shank. (Sarah Elizabeth Shank was born in Mar 1849 in , York, PA,20 21 died on 17 Jun 1903 in Pulaskiville, Morrow, OH 20 and was buried in Fredericktown: Owl Creek (North Fork) Cemetery, Knox, OH 20.)
Noah next married Emily J. Byrley, daughter of John J. Byrley and Mary E. James, on 11 Sep 1909 in , Morrow, OH.1 2 (Emily J. Byrley was born on 1 Apr 1874 in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD,22 died on 30 Dec 1932 in Bangs, Knox, OH 22 and was buried on 5 Jan 1933 in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD 22.)
1 Ohio, Marriages, 1800-1958 (www.familysearch.org), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XD8H-HTX marriage of Noah M. Beecher and Emily J. Byrley, 11 Sep 1909.
2 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZRW-GFC Eva Flickener in entry for Noah M. Beecher and Emily J. Byrley, 11 Sep 1909; citing Morrow, Ohio, United States, reference rn 360; FHL microfilm 388785.
3 1850 United States Census, Pennsylvania, York County, Manheim Township, Series: M432 Roll: 839 Page: 328.
4 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953, (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZ8X-5Z1 death record for Noah M Beacher, 09 Oct 1938; citing Liberty, Knox, Ohio, reference fn 58730; FHL microfilm 2023667.
5 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X6XZ-J5D Henry Ward Beecher, 1928.
6 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, County Births, 1841-2003, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VR9T-6JW Noah M. Beecher and Sarah Shank in entry for Susan Beecher, 1877.
7 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XDP6-B6Q F. E. Lochhart and Susie Makos, 1948.
8 Ohio, Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997 (FamilySearch.org), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F621-ZM6 Susie Makes Lockhart, 23 Feb 1957.
9 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZRW-CBZ James Ulysses Grant Millison and Bertha May Beecher, 1902.
10 Ohio, Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997 (FamilySearch.org), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F6CP-3VD Noah Beecher in entry for Mae Beecher, 30 Jan 1958; citing Scioto Twp., Pickaway, Ohio, reference ; FHL microfilm 1927844.
11 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, County Death Records, 1840-2001, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVNS-PL1W Ohio Death Certificate District 675 File 4960. Noah M. Beecher, father Levi Beecher, mother unknown. Spouse Sarah Elizabeth Beecher.
12 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, County Death Records, 1840-2001, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F6L6-S9F Henry Ward Beecher, 25 May 1928; citing Death, Middlebury Township, Knox, Ohio, United States, source ID Item 2, p 120, County courthouses, Ohio; FHL microfilm 2,319,289.
13 1900 United States Census, Ohio, Morrow County, Franklin Township, Series: T623 Roll: 1309 Page: 77.
14 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=72499241.
15 1860 United States Census, Maryland, Carroll County, Manchester P O, Series: M653 Roll: 471 Page: 876.
16 Ancestry.com, U.S. IRS Tax Assessment Lists, 1862-1918 (National Archives (NARA) microfilm series: M603, M754-M771, M773-M777, M779-M780, M782, M784, M787-M789, M791-M793, M795, M1631, M1775-M1776, T227, T1208-T1209.), District 4; Monthly and Special Lists, May 1864-Apr 1865, NARA Series: M771, NARA Roll: 15.
17 1880 United States Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Palmyra, Knox, Ohio; Roll: 1038; Family History Film: 1255038; Page: 112C; Enumeration District: 147; Image: 0226.
18 1910 United States Census, Ohio, Morrow Township, Franklin Township, Series: T624 Roll: 1219 Page: 245.
19 1920 United States Census, Ohio, Morrow County, Franklin Township, Series: T625 Roll: 1424 Page: 60.
20 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=72499290.
21 FamilySearch.org, Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XZB7-QK6 Mary Elizabeth Gould, 05 Jan 1944; citing Mt. Vernon, Knox, Ohio, reference fn 4527; FHL microfilm 2,024,190.
22 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X63L-6ZP death of Emma Beecher, 1932.