Buried in Section 5, Row 8.
Noted events in his life were:
2. He appeared on the census in 1860 in Mifflin Twp., Franklin, OH. 5 10 Peter Bigher, farm laborer, 35, was living with wife Elizabeth, 30; Albert, 5; Sarah, 3; Sylvester, 1; Jno, farm laborer, 16; and Mary, 18, domestic. Peter was born in Pennsylvania, everyone else in Ohio. His real estate is worth $400.
3. He appeared on the census in 1870 in Richland Twp., Miami, IN. 5 11 The 1870 census recorded John Bucher [indexed wrong]], blacksmith, 27, born in Ohio, living with wife Martha, 30, born in Indiana. His real estate was valued at $700. They were married in August, 1869. They could not read or write. The post office was Chili.
4. Newspaper: Rochester Sentinel, 17 Apr 1875, Rochester Twp., Fulton, IN. 5 Local and Miscellaneous...
5. Newspaper: Rocheseter Union Spy, 23 Apr 1875, Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5 PETER ACKERMAN has sold his Madison street property to Mr. BEECHER, who will soon take up his residence in Rochester.
7. Newspaper: Rochester Sentinel, 30 Mar 1878, Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5 LOCAL and MISCELLANEOUS...
8. Newspaper: Rochester Sentinel, 5 Apr 1878, Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5 Spy Reports...
9. He appeared on the census in 1880 in Rochester Twp., Fulton, IN. 5 12 The 1880 census recorded at 290 Madison Street: John Beecher, black smith, 37, born in Ohio, living with wife Martha E., 40, born in Indiana. John's parents were born in Pennsylvania. Martha's parents were born in New York.
10. He appeared on the census in 1900 in Rochester Twp., Fulton, IN. 3 5 Living on Madison Street: John Beecher, black smith, 57, born Feb 1843, was married for 30 years to wife Martha E., 62, Dec 1837. He was born in Ohio, his parents in Pennsylvania. She was born in Indiana, her father in Ohio, and mother in New Jersey.
11. Newspaper: Rochester Sentinel, 19 Jul 1901, Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5 Friday, July 19, 1901: C. C. WOLF received a telegram from Chili, this morning, announcing the death of his wife's sister-in-law, Mrs. Geo. AWALT. Mrs. Awalt was also a sister to John BEECHER and Mr. & Mrs. BEECHER drove there this morning. Funeral will be Sunday. Saturday, July 20, 1901: Chas. CAFFYN and Mrs. C. C. WOLF went to Chili this morning to attend Mrs. Geo. AWALT's funeral tomorrow. Mr. Wolf will go this evening.
12. He appeared on the census in 1910 in Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5 13 The 1910 census recorded renting at 911 Madison Street: John Beecher, 67, born in Ohio, living with wife Martha E., 72, born in Indiana. His parents and Martha's father were born in Pennsylvania, and her mother in Indiana.
13. Obituary: Rochester Sentinel on 4 Aug 1914 in Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5 6 John BEECHER, for 38 years a resident of this city, and a member of the local post G.A.R., passed away this morning (Tuesday) at his home on Madison street after a long illness. He was past 71 years of age. Death was caused by heart trouble and dropsy. Mr. Beecher was born in Franklin county, Ohio, February 3, 1843.
14. Occupation: blacksmith on 4 Aug 1914 in Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5
15. Residence: 911 Madison Street, Rochester, IN on 4 Aug 1914 in Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5
16. Newspaper: Rochester Sentinel, 5 Aug 1914, Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5 6 The funeral of the late John BEECHER will be conducted under the auspices of McClung Post G.A.R., at the residence Thursday morning at nine o'clock, Rev. A. S. WARRINER of the M.E. church in charge. Interment at Chili cemetery, four miles east of Denver.
17. Newspaper: Rochester Sentinel, 10 Aug 1914, Rochester, Fulton, IN. 5 6 Since the death of John BEECHER, who was a member of Co. K, 134th Indiana Volunteers, there are now only four members left, two of whom live in Miami county: A. J. PARKS, of Peru, and Oliver ARMANTROUT of Jefferson township.
John married Martha Ellen Baltimore, daughter of Benjamin Baltimore and Elizabeth Parsons, on 8 Aug 1869 in Miami, Miami, IN.1 (Martha Ellen Baltimore was born on 1 Dec 1837 in Rochester, Fulton, IN,2 3 4 14 died on 3 May 1930 in Chili, Miami, IN 2 4 14 15 and was buried on 5 May 1930 in Chili: Chili Cemetery, Miami, IN 2 4 14 15.)
1 Miami County Indiana Marriages (Online at: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~berta/micmg/b.html), County Courthouse Book C4, page 220.
Tombaugh, Wendell C. and Jean C, Miami County, Ind. Cemeteries, Vol. 2: Richland, Jefferson, Erie Townships (1988, Tombaugh House, 700 Pontiac Street, Rochester, Indiana, 46975
3 1900 United States Census, Indiana, Fulton County, Rochester Township, Series: T623 Roll: 372 Page: 306.
4 Ancestry.com, Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011, Certificate 16061. Martha Ellen Beecher. Father Benj. Baltimore, mother Eliza Parsons. Spouse: John Beecher. Infomant Mrs. Chas. King.
5 Ancestry.com, Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011, Certificate 139. John Beecher. Parents unknown. Spouse: Martha. Informant John B. Hoover.
6 Tombaugh, Wendell C, Fulton County Indiana Obits / Biogs, The Rochester Sentinel. (Tombaugh House, 700 Pontiac St, Rochester IN 46975-1538. 1993.), 1914.
7 Billion Graves Index, http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/LydiaABeecher/2458172.
Works Project Administration; Edited and Corrected by Wendell C. Tombaugh, Fulton County Indiana Death Record, 182-1920 (Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1938.
Tombaugh House, 700 Pontiac St, Rochester, Indiana 46975-1538. 1994.).
9 Billion Graves Index, http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/JohnBeecher/1547530.
10 1860 United States Census, Ohio, Franklin County, Mifflin Township, Series: M653 Roll: 962 Page: 85.
11 1870 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MX6Q-7L4 Martha Bucher in household of John Bucher, Indiana, United States; citing p. 27, family 191, NARA microfilm publication M593, FHL microfilm 000545842.
12 1880 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MH9M-MQD John Beecher, Rochester, Fulton, Indiana, United States; citing sheet 71D, NARA microfilm publication T9.
13 1910 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MKGL-9D8 John Beecher, Rochester Ward 2, Fulton, Indiana, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 60, sheet 8B, family 649, NARA microfilm publication T624, FHL microfilm 1374363.
14 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=64132271.
15 Pharos-Tribune (Logansport, Indiana. http://www.pharostribune.com/), 5 May 1930, page 10. Obituary of Mrs. Martha Ellen Beecher.