|Honorable John Orrin Beecher
Honorable John Orrin Beecher 1
- Born: 24 May 1784, Lee, Berkshire, MA 1
- Marriage (1): Clarinda Niles in Feb 1807 in Nelson Twp.: Beecher's Island, Tioga, PA
- Died: 5 Jan 1859, Williamsport, Lycoming, PA at age 74 1
Noted events in his life were:
1. Book: 1829. 2
A law passed in 1829 at the Pennsylvania State Capitol mentions John:
183. An act to incorporate the Lycoming and Tioga turnpike road company. That ROBERT ALLEN, JOHN K. HAYS, and JOSEPH B. ANTHONY, of Lycoming county, and AARON BLOSS, ASA MANN, JONAH BREWSTER, CLARADON RATHBONE and JOHN BEECHER of Tioga county, are hereby appointed commissioners to construct a turnpike road from Williamsport, Lycoming county, to Lawrenceville, or the state line near the public house of HENRY H. POTTER, Lawrence twp. 23 Apr 1829.
2. He appeared on the census in 1850 in Williamsport, Lycoming, PA. 3 John Beecher, 66, was with Clarinda, 64. They are living in the home of Wm. R. Vanderbelt, merchant, 33, and his wife Eveline B., 32. Also in the home are Eveline Emery, 13; and Mary Hinkle, 14. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
John married Clarinda Niles, daughter of Nathan Niles and Irene Russell, in Feb 1807 in Nelson Twp.: Beecher's Island, Tioga, PA. (Clarinda Niles was born on 16 Aug 1786 in Hebron, Tolland, CT 1 and died on 2 Sep 1881 in West Point, King William, VA 1.)
Shaw, James, Beecher Family Genealogy (Rootsweb:
Limric, Vi P, Laws of Pennsylvania Genealogical Data (Copyright Vi P. Limric 1998.), 1829, Paragraph 183. http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/pa/1pa/xmisc/1829laws.txt.
1850 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Lycoming County, Williamsport, Series: M432 Roll: 795 Page: 358.