Another name for Dorothy was Dot Jones.
Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1910 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 8 The 1910 census recorded John G. Jones, widowed, 42, born in England, living with his children born in Pennsylvania: Elmer, 21; Rebecca, 16; George, 13; Edith, 9; Joseph, 6; and Dorothy, 4.
2. Occupation: telephone operator on 24 Nov 1928 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 1
3. She appeared on the census in 1930 in West Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill, PA. 5 Arthur Beacher, machinist colliery, 46, was married at age 24 to wife L?ttie, 39, who married at age 17. With them: Arthur Jr., coal engineer in coal mines, 21, who married at age 19; Dorothy, operator in telephone co., daughter-in-law, 24, who married Arthur Jr. at age 22; Evelyn, waitress, daughter, 19; Dorothy, 16; Paul, 11; and Jean, 5. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania, except Dorothy's parents were from Wales. They are living at 208 Ohio Avenue.
4. She appeared on the census in 1940 in West Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill, PA. 9 In the 1940 Census in West Mahanoy Township was recorded Arthur Beacher, age 56, retired, living with wife Lotte, 49; son Paul, 20, clerk in lumber company; daughter Jean, 15; plus son Arthur Beacher, 31, laborer in coal mine, and his wife Dot, 33, and their daughter Joan, 6. Also in the home is Arthur Sr's daughter Joan Balliet and her husband, John Balliet, 33, clerk in lumber company, and their child John Jr., 7. Everyone was born in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania, except Lottie Beacher in Roaring Creek, Pennsylvania; John Jr. Balliet and Joan Beacher in Shenandoah Heights; and John Balliet Sr. In 1935 everyone lived in Shenandoah Heights.
5. Her Social Security Number was 198-46-0369. 10
6. She resided at 208 Ohio Ave., Shenandoah Heights, PA on 16 Feb 1942 in Shenandoah Heights, Schuylkill County, PA. 7
Dorothy married Arthur Fredrick Beacher, son of Arthur Garfield Beacher and Lottie Mabel Wagner, on 29 Nov 1928 in , Schuylkill, PA.1 (Arthur Fredrick Beacher was born on 9 Dec 1908 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA,2 5 7 9 11 died on 11 Jan 1980 in Altamont, Schuylkill, PA 2 3 11 12 and was buried in Shenandoah Heights: Odd Fellows Cemetery, Schuylkill, PA 11.)
1 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMZ3-XP2 Arthur Beacher and Dorothy Jones, 29 Nov 1928; citing , Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; FHL microfilm 2131693.
2 U.S. Social Security Death Index.
3 Genealogy Research conducted by Bruce Franklin Beacher Ph.D. (1919-2004).
4 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, Issue 1 Jun 1979.
5 1930 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, West Mahanoy Township, Series: T626 Roll: 2148 Page: 248.
6 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=104440504.
7 Ancestry.com, U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 (National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.), Arthur Frederick Beacher b.9 Dec 1908.
8 1910 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MGZ1-5T9 John G Jones, Shenandoah Ward 5, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 93, sheet 2A, family 25, NARA microfilm publication T624.
9 1940 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQ7Y-ZGY Arthur Beacher, West Mahanoy Township, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 54-181, sheet 7B, family 114, NARA digital publication T627, roll 3607.
10 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "FamilySearch," database, FamilySearch (http://new.familysearch.org : accessed 14 May 2013), entry for Dorothy Jones, person ID 9C6N-5RF.
11 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=104440453.
12 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, 1 Jun 1980.