|Charles Meily Biecher
Another name for Charles was Charles Meily Bicher.7
His tombstone reads: Son - Charles M. Biecher Sept 29, 1869 - Sept 6 1949
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1870 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 10 He is listed in the 1870 Census in Lebanon as William Biecher, age 35, tinsmith. Living in his household are Louisa, 35; Annie 16; Edwin 11; Luther 4; Charles 11 months when the census was recorded on June 22, 1870. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
2. He appeared on the census in 1880 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 6 7 The head of the household is William Biecher (age 45). Living with him is his wife, Louisa (45); Charles (12); William (7); Ellen (4); Sarah (2). All are born in Pennsylvania. The listing is in the 1st Ward in Lebanon.
3. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: Heard from Charles Beicher After Three Years, 14 Jun 1897, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 8 Miss Sadie Beicher, of 119 South Eighth street, has received a letter from her brother, Charles Beicher, who writes from Bombay, India, after a silence of almost three years. He speaks of the bubonic plague raging in India and says he is about to leave for the East Indies. Beicher is a plumber and is well known in Lebanon.
4. He had a residence on 14 Jun 1897 in , , , IND. 8
5. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: "Miss Sadie Biecher, of this city, accopanied by her brother, Charles Biecher, of New York, left this morning over the C. & L. Road for Marion, Ohio.", 24 Jan 1901, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 11
6. He had a residence on 24 Jan 1901 in New York, New York, NY. 11
7. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: Charles Biecher returns from world travels, 16 Apr 1902, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 12 Visiting His Parents.
8. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: Biecher Family Reunion, 21 Apr 1902, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 13 Family Reunion
9. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: Charles Biecher Visited Aged Parents, 26 Feb 1906, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 14 Visited Aged Parents.
10. He had a residence on 26 Feb 1906 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 14
11. He had a residence on 13 Sep 1915 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 15
12. He appeared on the census in 1920 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 16 The 1920 census recorded renting at 2620 Jessup Street: Charles M. Beecher, pipe coverer, 45, living with wife Ruth, 30. He and his parents were born in Pennsylvania. Ruth and her parents were born in Canada (English). She immigrated in 1911.
13. He appeared on the census in 1930 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 17 The 1930 census recorded owning a $3500 home at 2602 N. Sartain St: Charles M. Beecher, insulator contractor, 60, married to wife Ruth, 40. He was married at age 39 and she age 22. He and his parents were born in Pennsylvania. She and her parents were born in East Canada.
14. Cause of Death: Charles died at Philadelphia General Hospital from malnutrition, dehydration, 6 Sep 1949, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 8
15. He resided at 2602 N. Sartain St., Philadelphia, PA on 6 Sep 1949 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 8
Charles married Ruth Hicks, daughter of John Francis Hicks and Malinda Margary Anna Merchant, on 26 Dec 1911 in Toronto, York, Ontario, CAN.1 (Ruth Hicks was born on 28 Feb 1890 in Owen Sound, Grey, Ontario, CAN,17 18 19 died in 1947 in , , Alberta, CAN 18 and was buried in Alix: Alix Cemetery, , Alberta, CAN 18.)
1 FamilySearch.org, Ontario Marriages, 1869-1927, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KS8Q-NXX Charles Beecher and Ruth Hicks, 20 Dec 1911; citing registration 040099, Ontario, Canada, Archives of Ontario, Toronto; FHL microfilm 1,888,530.
2 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, Issue 1 Jun 1979.
3 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11708667.
4 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1963. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 81717. Charles Beecher. Father William ___. Mother Louise Embich. Widowed. Informant: Mrs. Charlotte Miller, 130 Jefferson St., Womelsdorf, PA.
5 Lebanon Daily News, 16 Sep 1915, page 3. Funeral of William Biecher.
6 1880 United States Census, FHL Film 1255145; National Archives Film T9-1145; Page 275C.
7 Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lebanon, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania (Church records available from Lebanon County Historical Society and also by renting these microfilms from the Catalog at FamilySearch.org: Film 933974 Births/Christenings 1763-1876, computer printout. Film 1434022 Baptismal Registers and Burial Records, 1773-1876, typewritten transcription. Film 1033984 Marriages 1794-1876, typewritten transcription. Film 1434022 has been transcribed onto the FamilySearch.org site and can be searched online by entering the Film # into the search form.).
8 Lebanon Daily News, 14 Jun 1897, page 1.
9 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), Charles Beecher, SSN 202031503.
10 1870 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County, Lebanon Borough, Roll 1361 Book 1, Page 267b.
11 Lebanon Daily News, 24 Jan 1901, page 4.
12 Lebanon Daily News, 16 Apr 1902, page 4.
13 Lebanon Daily News, 21 Apr 1902, page 1.
14 Lebanon Daily News, 26 Feb 1906, page 3.
15 Lebanon Semi-Weekly News (Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.), 13 Sep 1915, page 4. Obituary of Wm. Biecher.
16 1920 United States Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 37, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1639; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 1305; Image: 252.
17 1930 United States Census, Year: 1930; Census Place: Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2125; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 0758; Image: 63.0; FHL microfilm: 2341859.
18 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=83932536.
19 FamilySearch.org, Ontario Births, 1869-1912, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FMXX-513 Ruth Hicks, 1890. Father John francis Hicks. Mother Melinda Merchant.