|John Meyers Good
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence: 1814 Dupont, San Francisco, CA on 28 Jun 1866 in San Francisco, San Francisco, CA. 9
2. Newspaper: Reading Times: Lebanon Items. John M. Good, Esq., of the Fifth Ward, has received his commission as a Justice of the Peace., 16 May 1872, Reading, Berks, PA. 10
3. Obituary: Lebanon Daily News: funeral notice of John M. Good on 11 Jul 1878 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 8 DIED.
4. Obituary: Lebanon Daily News: obituary of John M. Good on 11 Jul 1878 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 7 John M. Good, Squire of the Fifth and Sixth wards, yesterday afternoon, shortly after 1 o'clock, breathed his last. Mrs. Good had been afflicted with that painful and incurable disease known as Bright's disease of the kidneys, but throughout bore his affliction with true Christian fortitude, and all that a kind wife and sympathizing friends could do for him was done; but of he avant, the Reaper Death had marked him for his own and yesterday afternoon he peacefully passed away "to the shining sore over Jordan." He was willing to die and on Monday for the last time communion was given him by his paster, Rev. trabert, after which he gradually commenced to sink. Squire Good was a man of sterling worth, possessed qualities of no mean order, and in society was of a convivial disposition and wherever he went made hosts of friends. During his early manhood he conducted a bookstore in Lebanon, but this not suiting his tastes he was seized with the California fever which prevailed in 1858-9 and started for the Pacific slope, and from St. Louis to California, he, in company with two companions, walked the distance. For awhile he worked at gold mining, but not being strongly constituted he soon relinguished it and took the chief clerkship in the San Francisco custom house, but still feeling restless he resigned this position, returned home and soon thereafter netted as book-keeper for Messrs. Reinhoehl & Meily and subsequently was elected Squire of the Fifth and Sixth wards which position he filled with marked ability. The Squire was married to the sister of Mr. Adolphus Reinoehl and died in the 44th year of his age. He was also a worthy member of the Masonic fraternity. Regui scut in paes.
5. Obituary: Reading Times: Death of 'Squire Good, of Lebanon on 12 Jul 1878 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 11 John M. Good, Esq., of Lebanon, died this week at his residence in that borough, closing an exemplary career in the prime of life. He was at one time engaged in the book and stationery business. In 1859 he went to California, worked at gold mining awhile, entered into other pursuits and subsequently became Chief Clerk in the U. S. Custom House, at San Francisco, which he resigned sometime in 1872, returning to Lebanon. He was elected a Justice of the Peace and died in office. He was married to a daughter of the late Samuel Reinoehl, of Lebanon, who survives him.
John married Elizabeth Catherine Reinoehl, daughter of Samuel Reinoehl and Mary Uhler, on 18 May 1866 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA.1 (Elizabeth Catherine Reinoehl was born on 19 Feb 1837 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA,2 6 12 died on 17 Nov 1913 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA 2 6 and was buried on 20 Nov 1913 in Lebanon: Mount Lebanon Cemetery, Lebanon, PA 2 6.)
1 Lebanon Daily News, 19 May 1876, page 1. Article about 10th Wedding Anniversary of Justice John M. Good.
2 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1963. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificiate 110243. Mrs. Kate Good. Father Samuel Reinoehel. Mother Mary Uhler. Informant Frank McGorren.
3 Lebanon Semi-Weekly News (Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.), 17 Nov 1913, pages 1 & 8. Mrs. Kate Good Died This Morning.
4 Find A Grave, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=40405510.
5 Lebanon Courier Newspaper (Lebanon Borough, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania), 18 Nov 1913, page 1. Death Takes Mrs. J. M. Good.
6 Find A Grave, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=40405511.
7 Lebanon Daily News, 11 Jul 1878, page 1. Obituary of John M. Good.
8 Lebanon Daily News, 11 Jul 1878, page 4. Funeral notice of John M. Good.
9 FamilySearch.org, California Great Reigsters (Voter registration records for California.), https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VT6N-NM6 John Meyers Good, 28 Jun 1866; citing Voter Registration, 1814 Dupont, San Francisco, California, United States, county clerk offices, California; FHL microfilm 977,097.
10 Reading Times (Reading, Berks, Pernnsylvania.), 16 May 1872, page 1.
11 Reading Times (Reading, Berks, Pernnsylvania.), 12 Jul 1878, page 1. Death of Squire Good of Lebanon.
12 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "FamilySearch," database, FamilySearch (http://new.familysearch.org : accessed 10 May 2013), entry for Elizabeth Catherine Reinoehl, person ID K8FR-GF1.