|Emma Lavina Knerr
Noted events in her life were:
1. Newspaper: Allentown Leader: Morgenland School Report, 23 Jan 1899, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 8 The following is the report of the Morgenland school for the third month, L. G. Heilman teacher: Adam H. G. Geiger, Richard J. Schneck, Lizzie E. Knerr, Emma S. E. Schneck, Annie K. L. Schneck, Eva G. I. Buchman, Katie I. Knerr and Elsie S. Geiger attended every day. Jesse A. Guth, George B. Heilman, Blaine J. Knerr, George A. J. Buchman and Emma L. Knerr missed but one day. The number of pupils is 31 and the percentage of attendance 93.
2. She appeared on the census in 1900 in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 9 The census listed E. Henry Knerr, age 50, head of the household that included Isabella (46, born March 1854); Carrie S. A. (19, January 1881); Blaine J. (17, November, 1882); Katie I. (15, December 1884); Emma S. (13, March 1887); Lizzie E. (11, August 1888); and Isabella's mother, Sarah Diehl (73, November 1826). Isabella is listed as having 9 children, 6 still living. Her mother, Sarah, had 13 children and 11 were still living. Henry and Isabella are listed as being married for 27 years. Everyone and everyone's parents are listed as being born in Pennsylvania.
3. Newspaper: Allentown Leader: Misses Knerr Gave A Party, 24 Jan 1905, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 10 The MIsses Knerr of 218 North Twelfth Street entertained a large party of friends. The evening was pleasantly spent in playing games of various kinds. Piano solos were rendered by Miss Lichtenwainer and Mr. Bernhard. Refreshments were served. Those present were Emma Knerr, Robt. Grim, Savilla Wagner, Blaine Knerr, Edna Rex, John Knerr, Lizzie Knerr, Frederick Schmoyer, Stella Knerr, John Schubert, Katie Knerr, Joseph Geisinger, Carrie Lichtenwainer, Harold Bernhard, Annie Knerr and Mr. and Mrs. Diehl, Mr. and Mrs. Knerr, Miss Carrie Knerr and Mrs. Solomon Diehl.
4. Residence: 230 N. 12Th St., Allentown, Pa. On 29 May 1909 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 1
5. She appeared on the census in 1910 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 11 The 1910 census recorded renting a home at 230 North 12th Street in Allentown: Isabella S. Knerr, widow, 56, living with her children: Carrie S. A., seamstress, 29; daughter Kate I., weaver silk mill, 25; daughter Lizzie E., joiner shoe factory, 21; son-in-law Raymond Y. Mohr, finisher furniture factory, 19; and daughter Emma L Mohr, 23. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. Isabella had been married 36 years and given birth to 9 children, 6 alive in 1910. Emma was married for less than a year and had birthed no children by 1910.
6. Newspaper: Allentown Democrat: Sunday Guests, 10 Feb 1914, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 12 "Sunday Guests. Mr. and Mrs. Frank Bury, of Dewey Avenue, on Sunday had as their guests, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Mohr, Mrs. E. H. Knerr and Miss Carrie Knerr, all of Allentown. Mrs. Knerr has just returned from a two months trip to New York City and Philadelphia."
7. Residence: 1623 Chew St., Allentown, PA on 1 Jul 1917 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 13
8. She appeared on the census in 1920 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 14 The 1920 census recorded at 413 Allen Street: Alexander Diehl, machinist, widower, 58, heading a household that included his sister, Isabella Knerr, widower, 66, and her son-in-law's family: Raymond Mohr, clerk in furniture manufacturing comapny, 29, living with his wife and Isabella's daughter Emma, 32; son Thomas, 9; and daughter Louise, 3. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
9. She appeared on the census in 1940 in Easton, Northampton, PA. 15 The 1940 census recorded renting a home at 517 High Street: Raymond Mohr, clerk in furniture department, 49, living with wife Emma, 53; and daughter Mary Ann, stenographer in furniture office, 18. They were born in Pennsylvania and lived in the same place in 1935.
10. Residence: 517 High St., Easton, PA on 5 Jul 1941 in Easton, Northampton, PA. 16
11. Residence: 517 High St., Easton, PA in 1944 in Easton, Northampton, PA. 17
12. Residence: 629 Pierce St., Easton, PA in 1947 in Easton, Northampton, PA. 18
Emma married Raymond Yeager Mohr, son of Oscar James Mohr and Sarah Lili Moll, on 29 May 1909 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA.1 (Raymond Yeager Mohr was born on 9 May 1890 in , Lebanon, PA 1 19 20 21 and died on 30 Jul 1964 in Easton, Northampton, PA 20.)
1 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VF4F-R46 Raymond Yeager Mohr and Emma L. Knerr, 29 May 1909; citing Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania, United States, CN20588; FHL microfilm 2080099.
2 Ancestry.com I324.
3 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 10 Mar 2001. Page B-14. Obituary of Thomas W. Mohr.
4 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 31 Aug 2006. Page B-10. Obituary of Mary Ann Hartung.
5 The Allentown Leader (Allentown, PA) (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 30 Apr 1909, page 1. Death of E. Henry Knerr.
6 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), Emma L. Mohr. Father E. H. Knerr. Mother Isabelle Diehl.
7 Allentown Democrat (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 29 Jun 1914, page 2. Death of Sarah Isabel Mohr.
8 The Allentown Leader (Allentown, PA) (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 23 Jan 1899, page 1.
9 1900 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Lehigh County, Lowhill Township Visit 128.
10 The Allentown Leader (Allentown, PA) (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 24 Jan 1905, page 2.
11 1910 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MGZF-1X5 Carrie S A Knerr in household of Isabella S Knerr, Allentown Ward 11, Lehigh, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet , family 34, NARA microfilm publication T624.
12 Allentown Democrat (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 10 Feb 1914, page 7.
13 Allentown Democrat (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 6 Jul 1917, page 2. Baptism of Irene Louise Mohr.
14 1920 United States Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: Allentown Ward 10, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1589; Page: 14A; Enumeration District: 179; Image: 224.
15 1940 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQCN-DTD , Raymond Mohr, Ward 3, Easton, Easton City, Northampton, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 48-56, sheet 3A, family 56, NARA digital publication of T627.
16 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 7 Jul 1941, page 7. Obituary of Isabella S. Knerr.
17 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, 1944 Easton City Directory.
18 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, 1947 Easton City Directory.
19 1910 United States Census, Enumeration District: 0159 Visit: 0034.
20 U.S. Social Security Death Index, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JBB3-Z48 Raymond Mohr, Jul 1964; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing).
21 United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6JT-KL4 Raymond Yeager Mohr, 1917-1918.