|Minerva Schonour Glasmyre
Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1910 in Mohnton, Berks, PA. 1 The 1910 census recorded on Mohn Street: John E. Bicher, baker, 22, living with wife Minerva, 22; and Melva I., 7 months old on 5 May 1910 when the census was recorded. He probably worked with his brother Harry S. who also appears in Mohnton in 1910 census as a teamster in a bakery.
2. She appeared on the census in 1920 in Shillington, Berks, PA. 4 5 The 1920 census recorded owning a home at 234 Summit Street: John E. Bicher, machinist hosiery mill, 32, living with wife Minerva S., 31 daughter Melva I., 10; and daughter Esther E., 8. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
3. She appeared on the census in 1930 in Shillington, Berks, PA. 4 The 1930 census recorded owning an $8000 home at 133 E. Elm Street: John Bicher, baker, 44, living with wife Minerva, 43; daughter Esther, seamer at hosiery mill, 19; and daughter Melva, seamer at hosiery mill, 21. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
4. She appeared on the census in 1940 in Shillington, Berks, PA. 6 The 1940 census recorded owning a $4000 house at 133 E. Elm Street: John E. Bicher, baker, 52, living with wife Minerva, 51; daughter Melva Davis, looming at hosiery mill, 30; son-in-law Elmer Davis, knitting at hosiery mill, 29; grandson Donald Davis, 7; grandson Vincent Davis, 6; and granddaughter Marion Davis, 4. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
5. Residence: 133 E. Elm Street, Shillington, Pa in 1942 in Shillington, Berks, PA. 7
6. Cause of Death: Minerva died at Reading Hospital from broncho pneumonia due to cerebral apoplexy, 11 Apr 1957, West Reading, Berks, PA. 2
7. Residence: 133 E. Elm St., Shillington, Pa. On 11 Apr 1957 in Shillington, Berks, PA. 2
Minerva married John Ellis Bicher, son of John Moyer Bicher and Elizabeth Amanda Bitzer, in 1909.1 (John Ellis Bicher was born on 18 Jan 1888 in Farmersville, Lancaster, PA 1 7 8 9 and died in Jun 1975 in Reading, Berks, PA 9.)
1 1910 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Berks County, Mohnton Borough, Page 83.
2 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1963. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 31422. Minerva Schonour Bicher. Father William Glasmyre. Mother Emmaline Schonour. Spouse John E. Bicher.
3 Pennsylvania Department of Health, Pennsylvania, Death Indices (Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records, New Castle, PA, 16103. Online at http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/public_records/20686 .), 1957, Bicher, Minerva S., age 68, died W. Reading 11 Apr 1957, death certificate 32422.
4 1930 United States Census, Year: 1930; Census Place: Shillington, Berks, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2000; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 0139; Image: 325.0; FHL microfilm: 2341734.
5 1920 United States Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: Mohnton, Berks, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1536; Page: 10B; Enumeration District: 43; Image: 25.
6 1940 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQX2-B8W John E Bicher, Shillington Borough, Berks, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 6-81, sheet 7A, family 152, NARA digital publication of T627, roll 3435.
7 FamilySearch.org, United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VQF8-7WK John Ellis Bicher, 1942; citing ARC identifier 563728, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C; FHL microfilm 2243669.
8 1900 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Berks County, Cumru Township, Page 218.
9 U.S. Social Security Death Index.