|Henry Beeker Sr.
Henry Beeker Sr. 1
Noted events in his life were:
1. Fact: Y-DNA testing proves Henry Beeker is likely the son of Henry Beecher of Pennsylvania. See www.SearchTrees.com/beeker for details.
2. Fact: Henry Beeker is not on the 1778 Rowan County Tax List, 1778, , Rowan, NC. 2 Henry actually lived in today's Davidson County, North Carolina, but it did not exist until 1822 when it was created from the eastern part of Rowan County. Records earlier than 1822 therefore are recorded in Rowan.
3. He appeared on the census in 1790 in , Rowan, NC. The 1790 census recorded Henry Beger with this household:
4. He appeared on the census in 1800 in Salisbury, Rowan, NC, USA. 3 The 1800 census recorded Henry Becher with this household:
5. Deed Book 19. 3086. P 461. 21 Aug 1805. Frederic Lowe (signed in German) sold to Henry Beeker for $70, 64 acres on Flat Swamp. Witness: Owen Strange. Proved by Strange in February court 1806. [Note: Flat Swamp Creek is in today's Davidson Co.] on 21 Aug 1805 in , Rowan, NC. 4
6. He appeared on the census in 1810 in , Rowan, NC. 5 The 1810 census recorded Henry Beker with this household:
7. Inherits 200 acres from his father-in-law Philip Garner on 6 Sep 1812 in , Davidson, NC, USA. 6 I give to my daughter Barbara Beeker one tract of land lying on the waters of Lick Creek which I bought of William Lanier and David Gamer, containing two hundred acres more or less; none if the before mentioned William Lanier and David Garner shall redeem this tract of land I've mentioned, by payment of Two Hundred Dollars during my life, then the two hundred dollars to go to my daughter Barbara Beeker.
8. He appeared on the census in 1820 in Lexington Side, Rowan, NC, USA. 7 The 1820 census recorded Henry Baker with this household:
9. Deed Book 3: Adam Tisinger sold to Lewis Snider Sr. For $100 57 acres on Lick Creek adj. Henry Beeker & Herny Garner & also 1 gray horse that is 3 years old. Witness: Solomon Snider, Tur Harris. Registered in courthouse 20 Nov 1828. On 22 May 1828 in , Rowan, NC. 8
10. Henry lived on Lick Creek, in today's Davidson County formed in 1822 from east Rowan County. In 1830 in , Davidson, NC, USA. 9 The 1830 census recorded Henry Beeker Sr. with this household:
11. He signed a will on 10 Dec 1837 in , Davidson, NC, USA. 10 Davidson County, NC. Will Book 1, page 327.
12. Court: The disposition of Henry Beeker's land resulted in a NC Supreme Court case. See son Philip for details. Or https://books.google.com/books?id=e-QzAQAAMAAJ&dq=%22henry%20beeker%22&pg=PA125#v=onepage&q=%22henry%20beeker%22&f=false in Dec 1853 in , Davidson, NC, USA. 11 See son Philip for the text of the court ruling.
13. Henry's property was mentioned in an ad in the Carolina Watchman. On 18 Jan 1864 in , Davidson, NC, USA. 12 In the Carolina Watchman newspaper published in Salisbury on 18 Jan 1864 on page 4 is this ad:
Henry married Barbara Garner, daughter of Philip Garner Sr. and Barbara Elizabeth Winkler. (Barbara Garner was born in 1767 in , Davidson, NC, USA 13 and died in 1840 in , Davidson, NC, USA.)
1 Ancestry.com, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Mennonite Vital Records, 1750-2014, Barbara Garner (c1767) m. Henry Beeker.
2 AD. Osborne, Clerk of the Court, List of Taxable Property In the County of Rowan, North Carolina, Anno 1778 (Now availabe on Ancestry.com).
3 1800 United States Census, Year: 1800; Census Place: Salisbury, Rowan, North Carolina; Series: M32; Roll: 33; Page: 396; Image: 337; Family History Library Film: 337909 Henry Becher.
4 Rowan County Courthouse (Salisbury, Rowan, North Carolina.), Deed Book 19. 3086. p 461. 21 Aug 1805. Frederic Lowe to Henry Beeker.
5 1810 United States Census, Year: 1810; Census Place: Carolina, Rowan, North Carolina; Roll: 43; Page: 330; Image: 00166; Family History Library Film: 0337916 Henry Beker.
6 Rowan County Courthouse (Salisbury, Rowan, North Carolina.), Will Book G, page 314. Will of Phillip Garner, written 6 Sep 1812, probated May 1814.
7 1820 United States Census, 1820 U S Census; Census Place: Battalions 2 and 4 or Lexington Side, Rowan, North Carolina; Page: 358; NARA Roll: M33_81; Image: 202 Henry Baker.
8 Rowan County Courthouse (Salisbury, Rowan, North Carolina.), Deed Book 3, page 540. 22 May 1828. Adam Tisinger to Lewis Snider.
9 1830 United States Census, 1830; Census Place: Davidson, North Carolina; Series: M19; Roll: 120; Page: 192; Family History Library Film: 0018086 Henry Beeker (indexed as Henry Paicker).
10 Ancestry.com, North Carolina, Wills and Probate Records, 1665-1998, Wills (Davidson County, North Carolina), 1823-1969; Index to Wills, 1823-1955; Author: North Carolina. Superior Court (Davidson County); Probate Place: Davidson, North Carolina. Will Book 1. Page 327. Henry Beeker. 1837.
11 Hamilton C. Jones, North Carolina Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of North Carolina (Raleigh: Seaton Gales, Printer and Publisher.), 1855. Vol. 54. From Dec. 1853 to Aug. 1854. Page 125. Online https://books.google.com/books?id=e-QzAQAAMAAJ&dq=%22henry%20beeker%22&pg=PA125#v=onepage&q=%22henry%20beeker%22&f=false.
12 Carolina Watchman (Salisbury, NC) (Salisbury, Rowan, North Carolina.), 18 Jan 1864, page 4. Ad mentioning Henry Beeker's land.
13 David H. Garner, A Garner family's heritage of love : Hyrum Elihu Garner and Mary Virginia Bigler (David H. Garner, 2004. Online in Family Search Books https://dcms.lds.org), pages 11-21.