|John Charles Beacher
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1920 in North Braddock, Allegheny, PA. 9 Alfred Beacher, occupation oiler in engine company, 27, was living with wife Emma, 21; and son Jack, 2 years 9 months. Jack was born in Ohio, the parents and their parents in Pennsylvania.
2. He appeared on the census in 1930 in Clementon, Camden, NJ. 8 The 1930 census in Clementon recorded Alfred Beacher, 37, living with wife Emma J., 30; John C., 12; Lillian A., 9; Alfred R., 7; William, 5; Henry, 3; and Richard G., 0. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania except John in Ohio and Alfred R. in Delaware.
3. Newspaper: The News Journal: Auto Thieves Jailed - John Charles Beacher and Ernest Edward Lewis, Little Creek District, charged with stealing an automobile, were sentenced to serve two and nine months, respectively., 27 Sep 1937, Wilmington, New Castle, DE. 10 Auto Thieves Jailed - John Charles Beacher and Ernest Edward Lewis, Little Creek District, charged with stealing an automobile, were sentenced to serve two and nine months, respectively.
4. He appeared on the census in 1940 in Lewes, Sussex, DE. 11 The 1940 census recorded living the home at 115 Woodland: Alfred Beacher, 48, living with wife Emma J., 40; John C., 23; Lillian A. Evans, 20; Alfred R., 17; William, 15; Henry W., 13; and Richard G., 11, Lura M., 7, and Joseph L., 2. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania except John and Lura in Ohio and Alfred R. in Delaware. Also in their home was Laban Evans, son in law, 23, born in Maryland, and granddaughter Reida V. Evans, 2 and grandson Alfred J. T. Evans, 0, both born in Delaware. In 1935, the census reports they were living in Burton, Geauga, Ohio.
5. Newspaper: The Evening Journal: BEACHER. To Mr. And Mrs John Beacher, Newark, at Wilmington General Hospital on Jan. 27. A son., 28 Jan 1946, Wilmington, New Castle, DE. 12
6. Newspaper: The News Journal: John Charles Beacher Found Guilty, 17 Jan 1957, Wilmington, New Castle, DE. 13 ELKTON, Md., Jan. 17 (Special). John Charles Beacher, R. D. 3, Elkton, was found guilty of driving under the influence of liquor, of driving without an operator's license, and of reckless driving in magistrate's court here yesterday. A total of 40 days in the Cecil County Jail was the verdict he received from Magistrate William Kemp.
7. Residence: on 23 Dec 1977 in Elkton, Cecil, MD. 4
8. Obituary: The News Journal: obituary of John C. "Jack" Beacher on 25 Jan 1991 in Wilmington, New Castle, DE. 6 JOHN C. "JACK" BEACHER, 73, of 150 E. Main St., Elkton, Md., died Wednesday of heart failure in Union Hospital, where he was a patient. Mr. Beacher had been an electrical worker. His wife, Reba, died in 1971. He is survived by five brothers, Alfred of Baltimore, Henry of Reading, Pa., Richard of Pleasant Hill, Joseph of Newark, Del., and James of Elkton; and three sisters, Suzanne Bello of Elkton, Lillian Evans of Salisbury and Lura Mae Parsons of Reading. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday in Gee Funeral Home, 259 E. Main St., Elkton, where friends may call after 7 tonight. Burial will be in Templeville Cemetery.
9. Residence: in 1992 in Newark, New Castle, DE. 14 2622 Frazer Rd, Newark, DE, 19702-4503
10. Residence: in 1985 in Elkton, Cecil, MD. 14 150 E Main St Apt 204, Elkton, MD, 21921-6768
John married Thelma Meddling, daughter of Harold Meddling and Lucille. (Thelma Meddling was born in 1923,15 16 died on 19 Jan 1950 in Ingleside, Queen Anne's, MD, USA 17 18 and was buried on 22 Jan 1950 in Templeville: Templeville Cemetery, Caroline, MD 15 16 19.)
John next married Reba Marie Bare. (Reba Marie Bare was born in 1933,15 20 died on 17 Jul 1971 in Elkton, Cecil, MD 6 15 20 21 22 and was buried on 22 Jul 1971 in Templeville: Templeville Cemetery, Caroline, MD 15 20 21.)
1 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, Issue 1 Sep 1978.
2 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=5296722.
3 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), John Charles Beacher, SSN 222090145.
4 The Morning News (Wilmington, DE), 28 Dec 1977, page 7. Obituary of Emma J. Beacher.
5 The Morning News (Wilmington, DE), 2 Jul 1963, pages 8-9. Also 3 Jul 1963, page 17. Obituary of Alfred Beacher.
6 The News Journal (Wilmington, Delaware), 25 Jan 1991, page 3. Obituary of John C. Beacher.
7 U.S. Social Security Death Index.
8 1930 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X48B-2PL Alfred Beacher, Clementon, Camden, New Jersey; citing enumeration district (ED) 0091, sheet 5A, family 91, NARA microfilm publication T626, roll 1323.
9 1920 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Allegheny County, North Braddock Ward 3, Series: T625 Roll: 1515 Page: 259.
10 The News Journal (Wilmington, Delaware), 27 Sep 1937, page 4.
11 1940 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VRZ2-3YT Alfred Beacher, Representative District 3, Sussex, Delaware, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 3-15B, sheet 5B, family 115, NARA digital publication T627, roll 547.
12 The Evening Journal (Wilmington, Delaware), 28 Jan 1946, Births.
13 The News Journal (Wilmington, Delaware), 17 Jan 1957, page 20.
14 Ancestry.com, U.S. Public Records Index (Original data: Voter Registration Lists, Public Record Filings, Historical Residential Records, and Other Household Database Listings.), Volume 1.
15 Templeville Cemetery, Templeville, Caroline County, Maryland.
16 Find A Grave, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=5296720.
17 (Hagerstown, Washington, Maryland), 20 Jan 1950, page 7. Crash Kills Two.
18 The News (Frederick Maryland) (Frederick, Frederick, Maryland.), 19 Jan 1950, page 1.
19 Denton Journal (Denton, Caroline County, Maryland.), 27 Jan 1950, page 11. Funeral of Mr. William Beacher and Mrs. Thelma Beacher.
20 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=5296724.
21 The Morning News (Wilmington, DE), 20 Jul 1971, page 15. Funeral notice for Reba Marie Beacher.
22 The News Journal (Wilmington, Delaware), 17 Jul 1971, page 12.