Noted events in his life were:
1. Relatives To Research: If you are related to Jacob please contact Jonathan Beacher, email@example.com to get the latest info on his parents.
2. Residence: on 19 Dec 1846 in , Kane, IL. 1
3. He appeared on the census in 1850 in Center, McHenry, IL. 4 The 1850 census recorded Jacob Beecher, farmer, 32, living with wife Polly, 21; Mary, 2; and Wm. H., 11 months when the census was recorded on 8 Oct 1850. Jacob was born in Pennsylvania, the others in Illinois.
4. He appeared on the census in 1860 in Aurora, Kane, IL. 3 The 1860 census recorded Jacob Bencher [should be indexed as Beecher], farmer, 39, living with Mary Ann, 36; Mary Ann, 13; Wm. H., 11; and Saml. C., 7 months when the census was recorded 16 Jun 1860. Jacob was born in Pennsylvania, his wife in New York, and the children in Illinois.
6. Residence: circa 1865 in Batavia, Kane, IL. 6
7. He received a pension Civil War Pension for service in Co. H, 52nd Illinois Infantry Regiment on 20 May 1869 in , Kane, IL. 7
1 Ancestry.com and Dodd, Jordan, Illinois Marriages to 1850 (Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Illinois.), 19 Dec 1846, Jacob Beecher and Mary Vandevender.
2 1850 United States Census, Illinois, McHenry County, Center, Series: M432 Roll: 117 Page: 368.
3 1860 United States Census, Year: 1860; Census Place: Aurora, Kane, Illinois; Roll: M653_191; Page: 357; Image: 125; Family History Library Film: 803191.
4 1850 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M8RS-1ZG Jacob Beecher, 1850.
5 Ancestry.com, U.S., Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles, 1861-1865, Enlisted 28 Sep 1861, Jacob Beecher.
6 History of Kane County, Illinois (Chicago: Pioneer Pub. Co., 1908.), Page 256.
7 FamilySearch.org, United States Civil War and Later Pension Index, 1861-1917, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N4V3-32Q Jacob Beecher, 20 May 1869; citing "Organization Index to Pension Files of Veterans Who Served Between 1861 and 1900," Fold3.com; company H, regiment 52, Illinois.