David Knerr 1 2 3
- Born: 29 Sep 1803, Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA 1 3
- Marriage: Sarah Horn on 8 Jul 1827 in , Lehigh, PA 1
- Died: 10 Dec 1864, Allentown, Lehigh, PA at age 61 1 3
- Buried: Neffs: Neffs Union Cemetery, Lehigh, PA 3
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1860 in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 4
2. Book: Anniversary History of Lehigh County, Volume II, 1914. 1
David Knerr, son of Andrew, was born on the homestead in Lowhill Township, Sept. 29, 1803, and was baptized by Rev. Abraham Blumer. He farmed the land which his forefathers had cultivated and was an active citizen of the township, serving as a captain of a company of Light Horse Cavalry for some years, and was one of the first advocates of free schools.
He was a member of the Unionville Reformed congregation. He died Dec. 10, 1864. He married, July 8, 1827, Sarah, daughter of John and Elizabeth ( Hertz) Horn, of Allentown. She was born Nov. 11, 1808, and died Aug. 25, 1884. They had eleven children: Moses, Sarah, Elizabeth, Caroline, Joseph, Hiram, Mary A., David F., John A., Charles C., and Louisa C.
David married Sarah Horn, daughter of John Horn and Elizabeth Hertz, on 8 Jul 1827 in , Lehigh, PA.1 (Sarah Horn was born on 11 Nov 1808 1 and died on 25 Aug 1884 1.)
Roberts, Charles Rhodes, History Of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, Volume II (Allentown, Pa., Lehigh Valley Pub. Co., 1914. 3 volumes, illustrated, maps. Prepared by a committee appointed by the Lehigh County Historical Society; chapters contributed by various writers.).
Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=42547421.
1860 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Lehigh County, Roll 1130 Book 1, Page 149.