|Flora Belle Galbraith
Noted events in her life were:
1. Residence: 1917, 1917 Harrisburg City Directory: Beecher, Saml., (Flora B.), fireman, h 714 N 18th, Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA. 7
2. Census: 1920, Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA. 3 Living at 714 N. 18th: Samuel M. Beecher, engineer R.R., 30, was living with wife Flora B., 31; Samuel, 4 years 9 months; and daughter Margurite, 1 year 4 months. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
3. Cause of Death: Died at Polyclinic Hospital of cardiac embolism from thrombosis of pelvis vessels following delivery, 26 Oct 1922, Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA. 6
4. Residence: 26 Oct 1922, 714 N 18th St., Harrisburgh, Pa., Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA. 6
5. Obituary: Evening News: Funeral of Mrs. S. M. Beecher, 28 Oct 1922, Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA. 8 The funeral of Mrs. Flora A. Beecher, 34, of 714 North Eighteenth street, who died at the Polyclinic Hospital Thursday night, will be held tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 o'clock from the home, with burial in Westminster Cemetery, Carlisle. The Rev. H. F. Rhoades will officiate. Mrs. Beecher leaves a husband and three children.
Flora married Samuel Meryl Beecher Sr., son of Samuel J. Beecher and Adaliah L. Verene, on 18 Dec 1912 in Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA.1 (Samuel Meryl Beecher Sr. was born on 3 Jan 1890 in Hockersville, Cumberland, PA,9 10 11 12 died in 1979 in Carlisle, Perry, Pennsylvania, United States 10 and was buried in Carlisle: Westminster Memorial Gardens, Cumberland, PA 10.)
1 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFM8-TPS Samuel M. Beecher and Flora B. Galbraith, 1912.
2 Records of Sharon Swope (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=nickol).
3 1920 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Dauphin County, Harrisburg Ward 8, Series: T625 Roll: 1558 Page: 239.
4 1900 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M3S3-T5V Flora B Galbraith in entry for Robert W Galbraith, 1900.
5 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=90939571.
6 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1963. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 94260. Flora Beecher. Father Robert W. Galbraith, mother Laura Sites.
7 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989 (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), Boyd's Harrisburg City Directory, 1917, Printed page 149. Online image 79.
8 Harrisburg Evening News, Harrisburg, PA, 28 Oct 1922, page 11.
9 1900 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Cumberland County, Penn Township, Series: T623 Roll: 1400 Page: 12-13.
10 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=90939566.
11 United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6VF-HPQ Samuel Meryl Beecher, 1917-1918.
12 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), Samuel Meryl Beecher.