|Solomon Diehl Sr.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Religion: Fogelsville Reformed Congregation. 2
2. Tax List: Adam Diehl, Solomon Diehl, 1812, Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 7
3. Census: 1820, Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 8 In Solomon Diehl's household:
4. Census: 1840, Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA.
5. Census: 1850, Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 9 The 1850 census recorded several Diehl families as neighors, everyone born in Pennsylvania...
6. Religion: Morgenland Church: Solomon Diehl was a trustee, 13 Apr 1857, Leather Corner Post, Lehigh, PA. 10 The Morgenland Church. - This church stands upon an elevation in the southeastern corner of Lowhill township, Lehigh Co., a spot known long ago as the "Leather-Corner Post," surrounded on all sides by small valleys, through which the Jordan flows at a distance of a mile from the church.
7. Census: 1860, Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 11 Solomon (age 68) is the head of the household consisting of Anna E (53), Ann (16), Uriah S. (27), and Alfred Seipel (14). All are listed as being born in Pennsylvania.
8. Occupation: farmer, 1860. 2
9. Book: Anniversary History of Lehigh County published, 1914. 12
married Susanna Zimmerman. (Susanna Zimmerman was born about 1785 in , , PA and was buried in Weisenberg Twp.: Ziegel's Church, Lehigh, PA.)
next married Anna Elisabeth Siegfried, son of Peter Siegfried and Susanna. (Anna Elisabeth Siegfried was born on 27 Mar 1807 in Whitehall Twp., Lehigh, PA 13 14 15, christened on 6 Apr 1807 in North Whitehall Twp.: Egypt Reformed Church, Lehigh, PA,14 died in 1857 in Whitehall Twp., Lehigh, PA 2 15 and was buried in Leather Corner Post: Morgenland Church Cemetery, Lehigh, PA 2 15.)
1 Jordan Reformed Church, Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.
2 LeVan, Russell George, Early Immigrants from Germany and Switzerland to Eastern Pennsylvania (Gateway Press Inc, Baltimore, 1990), Page 261.
3 Bible of Elias Diehl, http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=381&p=surnames.diehl.
4 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=41468463.
5 Morganland Church Cemetery Listing (http://www.grammesgenealogy.com/morganland_cem.htm).
6 Knerr, Katie Isabelle, Notes of Katie Isabelle Knerr (Handwritten notes of her family history, in possession of her daughter, Isabel Beacher.).
7 History of the counties of Lehigh and Carbon, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia: Everts & Richards, 1884, 934 pgs.), Page 292.
8 1800 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Lehigh County, Roll 104 Book 1, Page 172.
9 1850 United States Census, Year: 1850; Census Place: Lowhill, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: M432_792; Page: 394B; Image: 786.
10 History of the counties of Lehigh and Carbon, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia: Everts & Richards, 1884, 934 pgs.), Page 295.
11 1860 United States Census.
12 Roberts, Charles Rhodes, History Of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, Volume II (Allentown, Pa., Lehigh Valley Pub. Co., 1914. 3 volumes, illustrated, maps. Prepared by a committee appointed by the Lehigh County Historical Society; chapters contributed by various writers.), Page 251, "Diehl Family".
13 1850 United States Census.
Pennsylvania Archives, Volume 6, Egypt Reformed Church Records 1734-1807 (http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/pa/lehigh/church/egyp0001.txt
"Baptismal Record of the congregation on the Lehigh, in which are recorded the names of the children baptized, the names of their parents, and also the names of the sponsors. Commenced March 22, 1739."
J. Henricus Goetschius, M. Helvetico Tigurinus.).
15 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=41468483.