Charles B. Yost 2 3 4 5
- Born: 1896, Boyertown, Berks, PA 4 5
- Marriage (1): Anna Mildred Beecher on 12 Jul 1924 in Pottstown: Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Montgomery, PA, USA 1
- Died: 10 Nov 1969, Cape May, Cape May, NJ at age 73 4 5
- Buried: 14 Nov 1969, Pottstown: Pottstown Cemetery, Montgomery, PA 5
Noted events in his life were:
1. Newspaper: Reading Eagle: Yost-Beecher Wedding, 12 Jul 1924, Reading, Berks, PA. 1 Yost-Beecher.
Pottstown, July 12 (Special) -- An interesting nuptial event took place in Emmanuel Lutheran Church, this borough, when Miss Anna M. Beecher, 248 North Charlotte street, was married to Charles B. Yost, well-known young business man of Pottstown and Boyertown. The ring ceremony was performed by the pastor, Rev. Dr. Irwin B. Kurtz. After the wedding the couple departed on a honeymoon trip to Atlantic City, and on their return will reside in Pottstown. The bridge was attired in a blue tailored suit with hat to match. She carried bride roses.
The bride is a daughter of the late Myers C. Beecher and is popular with a wide circle of friends. She is a graduate of the Pottstown High School, class of 1920, and has been employed as a stenographer at the March-Brownback Stove Company office. The groom is a son of William H. Yost, Boyertown. He is a graduate of Boyertown High School, and served 29 months in the A. E. F. in the World War. He was one of the first to go across to France and after the war he served for some months on transports, flying to and from Europe. He is an electrical contractor with establishments at 146 King street, Pottstown, and West Philadelphia avenue, Boyertown.
2. He had a residence on 19 Jan 1945 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 3
3. His obituary was published in the Pottstown Mercury: obituary of Charles B. Yost on 11 Nov 1969 in Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 4 Charles B. Yost, Former Borough Resident, Dies
Charles B. Yost, 73, husband of Anna B. (Beecher) Yost, Cape May, N. J. and former Pottstown resident, died Monday at home.
Born in Boyertown, he was a son of the late William H. and Elizabeth M. (Bird) Yost.
Mr. Yost was a retired salesman for Doan-Calhoune Chevrolet Co., Philadelphia.
He was a former member of Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Hanover and Walnut streets.
Surviving with his widow are a brother, Herman, Conygham, and a sister, Mrs. Katheryn Brunner, Sun City, Calif.
Graveside services will be 11 a. m. Friday at East End Cemetery.
Officiating will be the Rev. Dr. Luther A. Krouse, pastor emeritus of Emmanuel Lutheran Church.
A viewing will be at the funeral home 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday.
Charles married Anna Mildred Beecher, daughter of Myers C. Beecher and Annie R. Gresh, on 12 Jul 1924 in Pottstown: Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Montgomery, PA, USA.1 (Anna Mildred Beecher was born in 1902 in Pottstown, Montgomery, PA,6 7 died in 1991 7 and was buried in Pottstown: Pottstown Cemetery, Montgomery, PA 7.)