Other names for John were John Boocher, John Booher and Johannes Bucher.3
This ancestor is included in our Genealogy Y-DNA Research which reveals the others he is related to.
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, 12 Sep 1789, , Fayette, PA.
• Residence, Abt 1810, Randolph Twp., Montgomery, OH. 3 Johannes moved to Ohio between 1810 and 1813, as he purchased 160 acres in the southeast quarter of Section 18, Township 5, Range 5 (later Randolph Twp.) in Montgomery County, Ohio.
• Census, 1820, Jefferson Twp., Montgomery, OH. 4 The household of John Booher was listed with:
• Alt. Death, 26 Jun 1861, Randolph Twp., Montgomery, OH. 1
• Book: History of Allen County, Ohio, 1906. 2 On October 26, 1816, the mother of our subject [Catherine Bucher who married Jacob Altstaetter] was born in Montgomery County, Ohio, not far from Salem; she died in Monroe township, December 28, 1903. She was married on her 19th birthday and accompanied her husband to Allen County in the following spring, living a happy, contented, peaceful and useful life for 63 years thereafter. Her parents were John and Elizabeth (Miller) Bucher, residents of Ohio, the former a native of Switzerland and the latter, of Virginia. They became residents of Ohio.
John married Elizabeth Miller, daughter of Daniel Miller and Elizabeth Ulrich, on 10 Oct 1815.1 (Elizabeth Miller was born on 2 Apr 1796 in , Bedford, PA,1 3 died on 8 Nov 1871 in Adams Twp., Darke, OH 1 and was buried in Adams Twp.: Old Harris Creek Cemetery, Darke, OH 1.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Alt. Marriage, 29 Sep 1813.
1 Records of Lucille H. Lussenden (16413 Alpine Dr., Livonia, MI 48154).
2 Edited and Compiled by Charles C. Miller Ph.D, History of Allen County, Ohio and Representative Citizens (Published by Richmond & Arnold, George Richmond & C.R. Arnold, Chicago, Ill. 1906.), Biography of George L. Altstaetter.
3 Miller, Tom, Miller Family Tree (Morrisville, PA. http://www.iwaynet.net/~lsci/Miller/C6/D1DM.htm).
4 1820 United States Census, Ohio, Montgomery Township, Jefferson Township, Series: M33 Roll: 94 Page: 138.