|Helen Fegley Gilbert
Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1900 in Lehighton, Carbon, PA. 3 The 1900 census recorded renting at 418 Seventh Street: George Gilbert, music teacher, 33, born Dec 1867, living with wife Mary R., 31, Feb 1869; Helen, 11, Dec 1889; Edith, 9, Jun 1891; Jacob F., May 1894, 6; Mary A., Jan 1898, 2; and George, 6 months, Nov 1899. Also in the home were two servants: Cecelia Smith, 20, Feb 1880, and Lucy Hoats, 17, Jan 1883. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. George and Mary were married for 11 years and she had birthed 5 children, all alive in 1900.
2. She appeared on the census in 1910 in Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 4 The 1910 census recorded renting at 524 HIgh Street: Mary R. Gilbert, divorced, 41, living with daughter Helen, 20; Edith, 18; son Jacob F., 15; and daughter Mary A., 12. None had an occupation. Also in the home is servant Mabel Souders, 18. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. Mary R. had birthed 5 children and 4 were alive in 1910.
3. Newspaper: Reading Times: marriage announcement Helen Gilbert and William Coleman Beecher, 28 Aug 1913, Reading, Berks, PA. 7 Mrs. Mary Fegely Gilbert, of 524 High street, has issued invitations for the wedding of her daughter, Helen, to William Coleman Beecher, of Philadelphia, on Tuesday evening, September 16, in Emanuel Lutheran Church. Mr. Beecher was graduated from the Hill School and University of Pennsylvania. He won fame as an athlethe at both institutions. They will reside in Ambler.
4. Newspaper: Reading Times: Coleman-Gilbert Wedding, 17 Sep 1913, Reading, Berks, PA. 2 Miss Helen Gilbert, of 524 High street, Pottstown, and William Beecher Coleman, of Philadelphia, were married at 7 p. m. Tuesday in Emanuel Lutheran Church, Pottstown. Rev. Dr. I. B. Kurtz, officiating.
5. Newspaper: Pottstown Mercury: "Mrs. Helen (Gilbert) Coleman, 83, 940 N. Franklin St., died Thursday evening in Pottstown Memorial Medical Center. Wilson Funeral Home, 711 N. Franklin St., is in charge of arrangements.", 23 Nov 1973, Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 5
6. Newspaper: Pottstown Mercury: Coleman Rites, 27 Nov 1973, Pottstown, Montgomery, PA. 6 Funeral services for Mrs. Helen (Gilbert) Coleman, 83, 940 N. Franklin St., were Monday from Wilson Funeral Home, 711 N. Franklin St.
Helen married William Beecher Coleman, son of William Herr Coleman and Martha Herr Beecher, on 16 Sep 1913 in Pottstown, Montgomery, PA.1 2 (William Beecher Coleman was born on 26 Oct 1887 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 8 9 and died on 30 Sep 1956 in Atlantic City, Atlantic, NJ, USA 10 11.)
1 Reading Times (Reading, Berks, Pernnsylvania.), 17 Sep 1913, page 2. Marriage of Miss Helen Gilbert and William Beecher Colemen.
2 Reading Times (Reading, Berks, Pernnsylvania.), 17 Sep 1913, page 2.
3 1900 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M396-Q3M George Gilbert, Lehighton borough Ward 1-2, Carbon, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet 20A, family 439.
4 1910 United States Census, Year: 1910; Census Place: Pottstown Ward 4, Montgomery, Pennsylvania; Roll: T624_1378; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 0135; FHL microfilm: 1375391.
5 Pottstown Mercury (Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania), 23 Nov 1973, page 2. Mrs. Helen Coleman Dies at Age 83.
6 Pottstown Mercury (Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania), 27 Nov 1973, page 2.
7 Reading Times (Reading, Berks, Pernnsylvania.), 28 Aug 1913, page 5.
8 United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6V7-BVY William Beecher Coleman, 1917-1918; citing Chester County no 3, Pennsylvania, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfi.
9 FamilySearch.org, United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VQFX-YXS William Beecher Coleman, 1942; citing NAID identifier 563728, NARA microfilm publication M1936, M1937, M1939, M1951, M1962, M1964, M1986, M2090 and M2097.
10 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), SSN 162-32-7692 William B.Coleman b. 26 Oct 1887 d. 30 Sep 1956.
11 Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.), 1 Oct 1956, page 8. Obituary of William B. Coleman.